Saturday 19th September flu clinic - 8.30-12pm. Please book your flu jab if you are eligible - see below. Afternoon appointments are also available. Please book only if you are eligible.
We will be providing bookable clinics for flu vaccinations for those patients who are eligible. Vaccination against pneumococcal and shigles for eligible age groups are offered in accordance with national guidance. If you are unsure please ask to speak to our Practice Nurse. Nasal flu to give childer aged2-3 are also available with the practice nurse on a bookable basis.
- are 65 years old or over
- have certain medical conditions (listed below)
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or another long stay care facility
- receive carer allowance or main carer for someone elderly or disabled whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- live with someone who is at high risk of coronavirus (on the nhs shielded patient list) or you expect to be with them on most days over winter.
Later in the year the flu vaccine may be given to 50-64 year olds.
- chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis;
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure;
- chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five;
- chronic liver disease;
- chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s disease or motor neurone disease, or learning disability;
- A learning disability
- immunosuppression, a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment);
- asplenia or splenic dysfunction;
- morbid obesity